Does Washing Bedding And Clothing In High Heat Kill Bed Bugs?
An easy way to help lessen the severity of a bed bug problem is to use your own washing machine! Although this may not get rid of your infestation entirely, it will aid in stopping the spread of bed bugs.
Here’s how to use your washing machine to get rid of bed bugs:
- Strip your bed of all linens and sort with any clothes you need to wash as well.
- Place each sorted pile into plastic bags. Transport the bag and tip out linens into the washing machine
- Use your normal detergent as needed.
- Wash the bedding at a high temperature (at least 140°F) for 90 minutes or more.
- Quickly transfer washed clothes to the dryer and dry on high heat for at least 30 minutes.