Why Do I Have So Many Mosquitoes in My Backyard?
Certain regions experience more mosquitoes than others. If you live in a region with a humid climate in the summer, you can be sure to experience a flux of mosquito problems. If you live near heavily wooded areas, you may also experience more mosquitoes. In general, mosquitoes will invade your backyard if they find suitable breeding grounds. This is why it’s crucial to eliminate the things that may attract mosquitoes.
6 Ways to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard in Lubbock TX
The best things you can do to keep mosquitoes off of your property include:
- Get rid of still water. Pour out or cover standing water in buckets, flowerpots, birdbaths, tarps, and more. Mosquitoes will lay their eggs there.
- Get fish for ponds or agitate the water. Certain types of fish will eat mosquito larvae that hatch in the water. You can also add an agitator to stop mosquitoes from laying eggs there in the first place.
- Place screens on windows and doors. Installing screens on your windows and doors allows you to let in fresh air without letting in mosquitoes.
- Keep your yard neat. Keep your grass short and your plants and bushes trimmed to eliminate hiding spots for mosquitoes.
- Use fans. Mosquitoes are weak fliers that hate the wind. Keep fans on while you’re outside to force them away from your outdoor areas.
- Inspect your yard routinely. Always keep an eye out for potential mosquito breeding grounds and deal with them. You might want to hire your local mosquito control experts to help you.
How Does Professional Mosquito Treatment Stop Infestations?
If all of our mosquito prevention tips did not prevent an outbreak on your property, it’s time to contact your local mosquito exterminators. The experts at D’s Pest Control will use repellents and exclusion strategies to ensure that your summer is mosquito-free.