Tips to Stop Termites From Spreading
If you want to avoid a termite infestation, there are steps you can take that will make your property less attractive to these wood-boring insects. Here’s how:
- Store piles of lumber or firewood above ground and away from the house.
- Regularly inspect outdoor wood sources (Furniture, deck, ect.) for signs of damage.
- Remove any dead or rotting wood off your property.
- Fix leaky faucets or broken pipes to avoid standing water in or around the home.
- Ensure your yard has good drainage and your gutters are cleaned
Will I Get Termites from My Neighbor?
It can be a spooky sight when your neighbors get tented for termites. You don’t necessarily have to worry, though, as just because they have termites doesn’t mean you do too. At the same time, it doesn’t hurt to take some precautions – especially if you live in an older property. If you suspect signs of termites, that’s more than enough reason to call D’s Pest Control today for an inspection.